The Atora Region
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out the News Feed for the Grand Opening Promo. You won't regret it ;D

Couple of questions =)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thonoslono

Couple of questions =) Empty
PostSubject: Couple of questions =)   Couple of questions =) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi! First of all it's great to see that we have another pokemon rp-site opened. The game looks interesting but I'd like to ask a couple of questions before I actually join:

1) Gym leaders. You clearly have them on the site, because one of the city descriptions mentions a leader. However I'd like to know how many of them you have (there were only five cities if I counted correctly, do they all have a gym?). Also I'd like to know if people can apply for a gym leader, and if you have more of them than the one mentioned is there a specific order in which the gyms must be challenged?

2) Pokemon. Atora seems kind of small region, does it still have all 600+ pokemon running around? What about Gen VI pokemon, the admin seems to have Sylveon as his/her avatar, so does this mean that Chespin, Froakie and the firefox-thingy are available?

3) Characters. I noticed that there was a charrie named "GHOST", and wondered what kind of characters actually are being used? Can we play as wild pokemon? Pokemon with trainer? Canons from the games like Red or Blue? Anime-canons like Ash or Cameron? Pokemorphs or gijikas? Only OC-humans? Fakemon?

4) Battling. In the rules you mention only the different types of attack combinations that can be used. Does this mean that whether or not the attack connects, and how much damage it does is up to players involved? Also I'd like to know is dodging or blocking an attack allowed?

- For example is this kind of situation allowed:

Player X
Charmander
Level: 10
Ability: Blaze
Type: Fire
Obtained: Starter @ lvl 5
EXP: Maxed
Moves: Ember

vs

Player Y
Totodile
Level: 10
Ability: Torrent
Type: Water
Obtained: Starter @ lvl 5
EXP: Maxed
Moves: Watergun

Player Y's turn:
Y: "Totodile, use watergun!" The started nodded and released a spiral of water from her mouth.

Player X's turn:
X: "Dodge it!" the attack almost reached Charmander, but it managed to use his strong legs and jump high in the air. X: "Good! Now answer with ember!" Charmander, who was still in the air reacted immediately to his trainers order and shot multiple fireballs from his mouth.

Player Y's turn:
Y: "Block them with watergun!" Another waterspiral was released and the attacks collided. Y: "Great! Now use another watergun on Charmander!" and for a third time in the battle, Totodile opened her mouth and shot water towards the fire-pokemon.

That is all =) thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Sylv
Admin
Sylv

Trainer Card
Trainer Class: Administrator
Prize Points: 0

Couple of questions =) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions =)   Couple of questions =) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Hello, and thank you for taking such a interest in the site ^_^

1.) Yes, there will be gym leaders for each of the five cities. Originally I was going to go with the idea of having users play the gym leaders, but I'm unsure of how it works out. I'm currently looking around at other sites that use this method to get an idea of it.

There will be no specific order of the gyms as they will be based off the average level of your team. The only requirement to challenge a gym is to complete a thread that corresponds to that area (Which areas go with which are listed on the main boards) tl;dr I'm in the middle of researching the idea of user run gyms. Gyms can be done in any order

2.) Atora does feature all Pokemon through Black/White 2. Gen. 6 Pokemon will be implimented as soon as their attacks, abilities, and types are officially released. My sprite is Sylveon simply because she has already made it into my top ten ^_^ (P.s, I am a girl.)

3.) Characters can be whatever you like. They can be Pokemorphs (Which are crosses between human and Pokemon; this would be my roleplaying character named GHOST), they can be gijinkas (people with abnormal obbessions of dressing like Pokemon), they may be cannon, however once a cannon is claimed it cannot be claimmed by anyone else. tl;dr You can be whatever you like ^_^

4.) The combinations are regardless if the attack connects. Rather than putting it in this one post, I'll make a clear explanation in the battling rules so that no one else is confused.

As for dodging an other notes... Dodging will be based on user opinion. As will HP and other stats, unless you specifically want to use Damage Calcs. However, if at any time I, or another staff members sees someone abusing this freedom we will step in and correct it. If it becomes a major problem for many people we will probably put in a new battling system to prevent people from abusing it.

Thank you for asking these questions! It helps and and my co-admin make this site as good as it can be.
Back to top Go down
https://atoraregion.forumotion.com

Couple of questions =)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Atora Region :: The Basics :: Improvements :: Questions-
Jump to: